Sunday, February 22, 2009

20-Plus Random TV Thoughts

Well...I stopped posting. You stopped reading (does it count if you never started) I stopped caring over the hiatus, and it all culminated in me missing an episode last Monday. Missing. An. Episode. I guess that says something about my commitment.
Anyways, I've decided to branch out, because I'm a rabid fan of all sorts of TV, so I'm going to broaden my focus on this blog. Everyone says the more specific the blog the more readers you get, but I don't care. Expect more articles about a variety of TV things, including my favourites among current TV shows and a breakdown of every channel's current schedule. But, to tip-off this new era, I bring you 20-plus random TV thoughts...

1.) Cable TV > Network TV.
2.) NBC is a mess.
3.) Heroes sucks.
4.) Neil Patrick Harris is the man. 
5.) A few procedurals are okay, but when every show's title is preceded by CSI, something is wrong.
6.) Lost is a phenomenal show, as is Dexter.
7.) Squirming and blushing at embarrassing situations every Thursday night has become so routine it was weird enduring it on Super Bowl Sunday.
8.) I'm convinced I could make the CW awesome. As opposed to bogged down with teeny garbage. But I guess that's the demographic they're targeting.
9.) If I could see a list of Canadian TV ratings my life would be so much better.
10.) I wanna watch BSG, Breaking Bad and the Shield.
11.) Eastbound & Down needs to be watched if only to see if Will and Danny McBride can do what they do on the big screen, on the small screen.
12.) I'm excited for the Cleveland Show.
13.) I got tired of reality TV around the time the millionth Survivor season and the 20th Fear Factor season were on.
14.) The first War at home episode was awesome. They should have stopped there.
15.) House's formulaic episode plot is so annoying. Though it must be easy to write:

[Shoot a really dramatic scene where some man/woman has something really weird   happen to them.]
[Show intro.]
[Have helper doctors suggest medical conditions that are Latin swear words.]
[House broods.]
[Settle on a diagnosis that means goat testicles, do tests, nearly kill patient, doctors yell,   lots of beeping.]
[Throw in scenes where the patients house/apartment is broken into so people think  our show about rich people who went to school for a really long time are hip and                              dangerous.]
[Throw in sex banter between House and hot Cuddy wearing tight clothes.]
[Eureka! House figures it out! Apparently he knew all along!]
[Collect Emmys.]

16.) Jeremy Piven gives Samuel L. Jackson competition for best on-screen swearing ability.
17.) I'm convinced Pride and Glory would make a good TV show.
18.) Someone should adapt the Zits comic into a goofy TV show.
19.) Has there ever been a hilarious show about teachers? Considering everyone has a bazillion funny stories about teachers, wouldn't this be the easiest show to write, and ridiculously relatable for people?
20.) No commercials. No cliffhangers. No waiting. Bonus features. Watching TV on DVD is grrreat.
21.) So is British TV.
22.) And Maclean's magazine TV articles. Their blog of them should focus less on old stuff and more on current stuff.
23.) Gotham Central needs to be a TV show. ASAP. Honestly I can't see why they didn't go through with it in 2003. 6 years later the idea seems even more appealing. Marrying everyone's two favourite things, procedurals and Batman? Can you say CASH COW?
                

No comments: